How Hybrid Workforces Benefit from Unified Communications Platforms
Make sure everyone is on the same page, whether they’re at home or in the office
Even as more employees return to the office, remote work is here to stay in the post-pandemic era. Employees aren’t ready to give up the flexibility and convenience that part or full-time work from home provides. And for their part, the pandemic has proven to employers that employees remain productive while working remotely. Many companies will probably transition to a hybrid workforce where employees spend some days in the office and some days at home.
Hybrid workforces require the right technology infrastructure to ensure that colleagues can continue to work together successfully despite physical separation. Unified communications (UC) platforms that incorporate all necessary tools facilitate robust “work from anywhere” systems that support hybrid workforces. Keep reading to learn more about the value UC brings to your Newark, NJ business.
What’s Included in Unified Communications?
A unified communications platform has all the tools and services employees need to communicate and collaborate remotely or in person. It allows employees to perform their job functions and stay connected to the office no matter what device they’re on — a personal laptop, a desktop computer, or even a handheld tablet — or where they are physically.
- Cloud-based voice calling
- Video conferencing
- File sharing
- Direct messaging
- Calendar integration for scheduling meetings
- Email integration
- Interactive whiteboarding
3 Benefits UC Brings to Hybrid Workforces
Unified communications platforms are designed on a cloud-based architecture that supports a “work from anywhere” model. Here’s how a UC platform can benefit your hybrid workforce.
- Remote employee engagement. It’s bad for business when remote workers feel isolated from in-office colleagues. A unified communications platform allows teams to connect and collaborate in multiple ways: video, chat messages, phone calls, emails, and file sharing. Accessible communication tools that require active engagement keep remote workers in the loop, on track, and productive during days spent working from home.
- Streamlined workflows. How much time are employees wasting jumping from program to program to chat with colleagues, upload files and notes for shared projects, and schedule brainstorming sessions with team members? A centralized platform that contains all the tools an employee needs improves productivity, time management and product management for remote and in-person employees.
- A better user experience. Remote employees already face challenges that in-person employees may not have. These challenges could include not having access to specific in-office files and systems or not being physically present to jump in on a spontaneous brainstorm with other team members. A UC platform helps ease those challenges by putting everything your employees need to perform their jobs in one place. Tools like file sharing ensure that remote employees have access to vital documents, while audio video conferencing ensures that all employees can jump on a quick call to collaborate with colleagues wherever they are.
And because unified communications platforms are primarily cloud-based, it’s easy for your business to scale services as needed to accommodate a growing hybrid workforce.
Alliance Telecommunications is a Zoom Rooms, Teams Rooms, and Crestron integrator serving businesses in Newark, NJ and surrounding areas. Let us help you install the technology systems you need to meet the demands of a hybrid workforce. Call us or fill out an online contact form to connect with our experts.